Ontario Palliative Care Network has been participating in efforts to manage the supply of essential palliative care medications during COVID-19. Guidance document has been prepared to:
- Identify essential medications
- Provide guidance on alternative choices
- Identify conservation strategies
- Recommend approaches to monitor utilization and supply
- Document to be shared with Ontario Health to inform its continued response during the pandemic. Parallel work has already occurred for drugs used in critical care settings as part of the provincial COVID-19 response. To be shared locally with all stakeholders, particularly hospitals.
DISCLAIMER: This document has been reviewed by Ontario Health West staff. While staff has provided its summary and interpretation of key action items, every health service provider remains responsible for ensuring their own understanding of the document and actions items, next steps and/or accountabilities outlined in the document.