- The objectives of the Directive are to set out a provincially consistent approach to COVID-19 immunization policies in long-term care homes, optimize COVID-19 immunization rates in long-term care homes, and ensure that individuals have access to information required to make informed decisions about COVID-19 vaccination.
- The new Minister’s Directive – Long-Term Care Home COVID-19 Immunization Policy requires all LTC home licensees to have an immunization policy. At a minimum, the policy must require staff, students, and volunteers to provide proof of one of three things:
1. Vaccination against COVID-19; or
2. A medical reason for not being vaccinated against COVID-19; or
3. Completion of a COVID-19 vaccination educational program.
DISCLAIMER: This document has been reviewed by Ontario Health West staff. While staff has provided its summary and interpretation of key action items, every health service provider remains responsible for ensuring their own understanding of the document and actions items, next steps and/or accountabilities outlined in the document.