- Summary of additional immediate actions hospitals must take to facilitate the work of the Ontario Critical Care COVID-19 Command Centre to provide necessary care for both COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 patients
- Includes update to Dec 15th Optimizing Care Memo
- 1. Critical Care Capacity – Reserve 1/3 of unoccupied adult ICU bed capacity . Review/standardize critical care admission criteria
- 2. Be prepared to accept patient transfers when directed by regional COVID response structure/IMS
- 3. Continue time sensitive non-COVID in-person care
- 4. Ensure plan in place for potential non-time-sensitive care deferral
DISCLAIMER: This document has been reviewed by Ontario Health West staff. While staff has provided its summary and interpretation of key action items, every health service provider remains responsible for ensuring their own understanding of the document and actions items, next steps and/or accountabilities outlined in the document.