- The attached memo summarizes recent changes to the COVID-19 Provincial Testing Guidance and COVID-19 Guidance: Considerations for Antigen Point-of-Care Testing.
- Emphasize use of Less Invasive Swabbing and Rapid Molecular Tests (e.g. ID Now) for school children.
- Reduced eligibility for PCR testing to ensure enough capacity for children in Assessment Centres.
- Rapid Antigen Testing is to be used for testing under the Vaccine Policy with health care workers not going to the AC for their occupational health testing.
- Rapid Molecular Test (ID Now) can now be used to confirm a positive Rapid Antigen Test (Pan Bio).
DISCLAIMER: This document has been reviewed by Ontario Health West staff. While staff has provided its summary and interpretation of key action items, every health service provider remains responsible for ensuring their own understanding of the document and actions items, next steps and/or accountabilities outlined in the document.