- Memo presents approach to asymptomatic screening for OH West in acute care facilities
- Testing resources should be focused on symptomatic or known high risk exposed patients
- Asymptomatic testing may be performed for certain high-risk populations, during periods of “not-low”, community transmission
- Review guidelines for hospital asymptomatic screening based on community incidence for surgical screening, facility transfers, high-risk/frequent health care contact populations (oncology), and high-risk/frequent health care contact populations (others – obstetrics, dialysis, etc.)
- Review proposed community transmission threshold indicators
DISCLAIMER: This document has been reviewed by Ontario Health West staff. While staff has provided its summary and interpretation of key action items, every health service provider remains responsible for ensuring their own understanding of the document and actions items, next steps and/or accountabilities outlined in the document.