- Information on the variants of concern, and an increase of screening for variants within the Ontario laboratory system.
- Document provides guidance for enhanced case, contact and outbreak management for all confirmed and probable COVID-19 cases.
- Enhance identification of case contacts.
- Enhance asymptomatic testing recommendations.
- Treat high risk exposure contacts as probable cases.
- Support cases and contacts with isolation measures.
- Prioritize case and contact and outbreak management where a VOC is present.
DISCLAIMER: This document has been reviewed by Ontario Health West staff. While staff has provided its summary and interpretation of key action items, every health service provider remains responsible for ensuring their own understanding of the document and actions items, next steps and/or accountabilities outlined in the document.