- This guidance is to help guide decision making on testing and clearance of contacts of cases or individuals suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19.
- The guidance document, released March 5, does not change routine management of COVID-19 cases or contacts based on their vaccination history.
- The document supports decisions on testing and clearing suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases and their contacts.
- The guidance is available in English, with a French version to follow.
- All POCT preliminary positives and final positives from antigen and molecular tests must be reported to the local public health unit according to the Health Protection and Promotion Act (HPPA) and are actionable for initiating clinical and public health management.
- See chart on Approaches to Clearing Cases (pages 4 & 5).
- See Recommendations on Return to Work (page 5,6,8 &9).
DISCLAIMER: This document has been reviewed by Ontario Health West staff. While staff has provided its summary and interpretation of key action items, every health service provider remains responsible for ensuring their own understanding of the document and actions items, next steps and/or accountabilities outlined in the document.