- An overview of considerations for people or organizations using private COVID-19 testing outside the public health system.
- Information on the implications of false positive or negative results.
- Cautions on repeat testing for people with previous COVID-19 infections.
- Requirements for private testing and reporting.
- The guidance is available in English. A French version will follow.
- Organizations must develop a COVID-19 Workplace Safety Plan and are required to follow OHSA.
- Must contact local PHU prior to initiating testing and report all positive results.
- Can only perform testing with a HC approved test currently available in Ontario.
- Testing performed by persons that are exempt form the LSCCLA.
- Must ensure all personal and health information will be collected, used, disclosed in accordance with PHIPA.
DISCLAIMER: This document has been reviewed by Ontario Health West staff. While staff has provided its summary and interpretation of key action items, every health service provider remains responsible for ensuring their own understanding of the document and actions items, next steps and/or accountabilities outlined in the document.