- Defining “procedure” for the purposes of the directive and confirming exemption (e.g. pediatric hospitals)
- Defining “surgery” in hospital, community and dental settings, for the purposes of the directive
- Urgent/emergent procedures and health services directly related to the provision of those services to continue
- routine, low risk health services may continue
- surgical backlogs anticipated, strategies to address to be developed
- Regulated health professionals to be guided by their regulatory college, the principles outlined in Directive #2, and use their clinical judgment to assess their patient and the situation to determine the risk of a non-urgent procedure resulting in serious complications during or after the procedure.
DISCLAIMER: This document has been reviewed by Ontario Health West staff. While staff has provided its summary and interpretation of key action items, every health service provider remains responsible for ensuring their own understanding of the document and actions items, next steps and/or accountabilities outlined in the document.